This classic macaroni salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for summer Barbeque, potlucks, cookouts, and picnics. It’s creamy and tasty, and it’s made with common ingredients.
Macaroni Salad Recipe
This traditional salad is composed of tender macaroni, bright vegetables, and eggs, and topped with a thick and creamy dressing.
This salad is one of my favorites. This recipe is incredibly simple to make and everyone enjoys it.
There are numerous variations, as with any famous recipe, and it appears that each family has its own version. Simple ingredients and a creamy, tangy dressing are my go-to’s. Even though the components are minimal, each one adds layers of flavor to the dish.
Macaroni salad ingredients:
- elbow macaroni
- red onion
- yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- white vinegar
- green bell pepper
- pimento peppers
Can you freeze macaroni salad?
Absolutely! Allow to thaw for a few hours on the day you plan to serve it, then toss thoroughly.
More side dishes
The Best Macaroni Salad RecipeCourse: SaladsCuisine: American
Macaroni Salad is a popular side dish made with elbow macaroni and a few ingredients combined in a quick dressing.
4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
1/4 cup white vinegar, distilled
1 cup mayonnaise
2 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard, prepared
⅔ cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 large sliced onion
1 seeded and sliced green bell pepper
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 tablespoons pimento peppers, chopped (Optional)
1/4 cup carrots, grated (Optional)
- a big saucepan of lightly salted water should be brought to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the macaroni is cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Drain after rinsing with cold water.
- Add the vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, sugar, and pepper to a large mixing basin.
- Stir in the onion, green pepper, celery, carrot, macaroni, and pimentos
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight, before serving.
Leave a Reply