This homemade Chicken Pot Pie is classic comfort food that will keep you warm. With a flaky Pie Crust and juicy chicken and vegetables, it’s a show-stopping entrée.
Chicken Pot Pie – The ultimate comfort dish is our traditional homemade chicken pot pie! You’ll never buy a chicken pot pie again after you learn how to prepare this simple chicken pot pie recipe.
Homemade Chicken Pot PieCourse: RECIPES
Homemade chicken pot pie with flaky pie crust and creamy chicken pot pie filling is the best classic chicken pot pie recipe. Comfort food at its finest!
1 pound cubed skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup green peas, frozen
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/3 cup of butter
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1⁄4 teaspoon of black pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon of celery seed
¾ cups chicken broth.
⅔ cup milk.
2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 ℉ (220 degrees C.)
- Combine the chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, drain it, and set it aside.
- Cook onions in butter in a saucepan over medium heat until tender and transparent.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed in a mixing bowl. Stir in the chicken broth and milk slowly.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until the sauce has thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- Fill the bottom pie crust with the chicken mixture.
- Pour the heated liquid mixture over everything. Cover with the top crust, seal the edges, and trim away any excess dough.
- Cover with the top crust, seal the edges, and trim away any excess dough. To allow steam to escape, cut many small slots in the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling, in a preheated oven.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool before serving.