These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars include no refined sugar. Instead, maple syrup is used to sweeten them!
Unless you buy sugar-free chocolate chips, these bars do include a little amount of sugar from the chocolate chips. I believe it is worthwhile for that small amount of sweetness! You might also try replacing the chocolate chips with something naturally sweet, such as dried fruit.
How to store Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
To store, first allow the bars to cool fully. Add to an airtight sealable glass jar or silicon bag. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More healthy oatmeal recipes
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars￼
These oat and peanut butter bars are tasty and satisfying! They’re ideal for a quick breakfast on your way to school or work.
1 pound rolled oats (uncooked)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
14 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ and line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium mixing basin. Place aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl by heating it for 15-20 seconds.
- Incorporate the eggs. Pour in the maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until barely mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Fill the pan halfway with the mixture. 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cooling completely before cutting into bars.
- Store on the counter in an airtight jar for up to 3-5 days.