The ultimate comfort dish is this classic Shepherd’s Pie recipe. Ground beef is blended with frozen veggies such peas, carrots, and corn, and a garlic potato topping is added on top. Even on the coldest days, this will keep you toasty!
Since I was a child, shepherd’s pie has been a favorite comfort food of mine! This incredibly easy casserole, with layers of ground beef, corn, mashed potatoes, and cheese, makes me happy and transports me back to my youth.
Shepherd’s Pie RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: American
Easy Shepherd’s Pie is a one-pan skillet meal full of delicious ground beef and vibrant vegetables. It’s also an excellent way to use up any leftover mashed potatoes.
1 pound ground beef, browned
1 can (not drained) small diced tomatoes
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup peas
1/2-cup green beans
1/2 cup corn
1 packet of Italian dressing mix
pouch (7 oz.)
1 teaspoon bouillon paste or 1 beef bouillon cube
2 cups mashed potatoes, prepared (instant mashed potatoes are good!)
1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Combine the ground beef, tomatoes, carrots, onion, peas, and green beans in a large skillet.
- Simmer the beans, corn, Italian spice, and bouillon.
- Cook for 5–7 minutes, allowing some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Fill an oven-safe casserole dish or a deep pie plate halfway with the meat/veggie mixture.
- Cover with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cheese is melted and everything is warm.