Crispy Butter Chicken is a quick and delightful oven-baked fried chicken recipe that comes together in just 30 minutes. With minimal ingredients, it’s a hassle-free dish that’s bound to be a hit with kids and adults alike. The chicken boasts a wonderfully crunchy exterior, thanks to a special coating, while inside it’s tender, juicy, and bursting with buttery goodness. It’s a surefire crowd-pleaser that makes for a perfect family meal!
To make Crispy Butter Chicken:
- Preparation: Gather the ingredients – chicken breasts, eggs, Ritz cracker crumbs, garlic salt, black pepper, and butter.
- Coating: Beat eggs in one bowl and place cracker crumbs mixed with garlic salt and pepper in another.
- Dip and Coat: Dip each chicken breast in the beaten eggs, then coat thoroughly with the cracker crumb mixture.
- Arrange: Place the coated chicken in a baking dish.
- Butter: Add pieces of butter on top of the chicken.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve: Once done, serve and enjoy your Crispy Butter Chicken!
Note: Adjust seasoning and baking time to personal preference.
What to serve with Crispy Butter Chicken:
Crispy Butter Chicken pairs wonderfully with a variety of side dishes. Here are some suggestions:
- Steamed Basmati Rice: The neutral flavor of basmati rice complements the rich and creamy butter chicken sauce.
- Naan Bread: Soft and fluffy, naan is perfect for sopping up the flavorful sauce.
- Vegetable Pulao: A fragrant and spiced rice dish with mixed vegetables adds depth to the meal.
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad: A refreshing salad with cucumber, tomato, red onion, and a simple vinaigrette provides a crisp contrast to the dish.
- Saag Paneer: Creamed spinach with chunks of paneer cheese offers a savory and creamy side.
- Dal Makhani: Creamy, spiced lentils provide a hearty accompaniment.
- Roasted Vegetables: Seasonal vegetables, roasted with olive oil and spices, add a healthy and flavorful touch.
- Mango Chutney: A sweet and tangy chutney complements the savory flavors of the chicken.
- Yogurt Raita: A cooling yogurt side dish with cucumbers, mint, and spices balances out the richness of the chicken.
- Papadum: Thin, crispy lentil wafers offer a crunchy contrast.
Feel free to mix and match these suggestions to create a balanced and satisfying meal with your Crispy Butter Chicken.
HOW LONG IS CRISPY BUTTER CHICKEN GOOD?
Crispy Butter Chicken is best enjoyed when it’s freshly cooked. It’s at its peak in terms of texture and flavor right after it’s prepared.
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 2-3 days to ensure the best quality and safety.
For longer storage, you can freeze Crispy Butter Chicken. When properly stored in an airtight container or freezer bag, it can last for up to 2-3 months. However, be aware that the crispy coating may lose some of its texture after freezing and reheating.
Always make sure to reheat the chicken to a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) before consuming. This ensures any potential bacteria is eliminated.
Crispy Butter ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: American
Crispy Butter Chicken: A kid-friendly, oven-baked delight ready in 30 minutes. This dish features tender, buttery chicken with a satisfying crunch. Perfect for a quick, family-favorite meal.
2 large eggs, whisked
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- In two separate shallow bowls, place the whisked eggs in one and the Ritz cracker crumbs in the other.
- Combine the cracker crumbs with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the whisked eggs, allowing any excess to drip off, then coat it thoroughly in the crumb mixture.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Distribute pieces of butter evenly on top of the chicken.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken turns a golden brown.