Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is a popular Tex-Mex-inspired dish that mimics a menu item from the fast-food chain Taco Bell. It consists of various layers of ingredients wrapped in a large flour tortilla and folded into a hexagonal shape, then cooked until crispy on the outside.
Crunchwrap Supreme Ingredients:
- Large Flour Tortillas: These serve as the outer shell and are used to encase all the fillings.
- Ground Meat: Usually beef or turkey, seasoned with taco seasoning. This provides the main protein component.
- Taco Seasoning Mix: A blend of spices that gives the meat its signature flavor. It typically includes ingredients like chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Nacho Cheese Sauce: Provides a creamy, cheesy element to the dish.
- Tostada Shells: These are flat, crispy tortillas that add crunch and texture to the filling.
- Sour Cream: Adds a creamy and tangy component.
- Lettuce, Shredded: Provides a fresh, crisp element.
- Tomato, Diced: Adds juiciness and a burst of flavor.
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend: A mix of cheeses like cheddar, Monterey Jack, and others, for extra melty goodness.
Keep in mind that you can customize the ingredients to your liking. For example, you can use a different type of cheese, add salsa, guacamole, or other toppings according to your taste preferences. Enjoy making your Crunchwrap Supremes!
How to Make a Crunchwrap Supreme
- Cook and season ground meat with taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Warm nacho cheese sauce.
- Warm flour tortillas.
- Layer: Cheese sauce, seasoned meat, tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, cheese.
- Fold tortilla tightly around fillings.
- Cook in a skillet until golden brown, 2-3 mins per side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you have leftover Crunchwrap Supremes, here are some ideas on how to repurpose them or store them for later:
- Reheat and Enjoy: Pop them in the oven or a hot skillet to reheat. This will help maintain their crispiness. Remember to ensure the internal temperature reaches a safe level for consumption.
- Breakfast Crunchwrap: Heat a leftover Crunchwrap in a skillet and crack an egg into the center. Cook until the egg is done to your liking. This creates a delicious breakfast version.
- Crunchwrap Salad: Deconstruct the Crunchwrap by removing the tortilla, and use the fillings to create a salad. Add extra greens, your favorite dressing, and any additional toppings you like.
- Freeze for Later: If you can’t eat all the leftovers within a few days, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store them in an airtight container in the freezer. Label them with the date.
- Crunchwrap Quesadillas: Use the fillings to make quesadillas. Place the fillings between two tortillas and cook them on a griddle or skillet until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Crunchwrap Tacos: Remove the outer tortilla and use the filling to make tacos. Add extra toppings like salsa, guacamole, and extra cheese.
- Crunchwrap Burrito Bowl: Take out the fillings and serve them over rice or quinoa for a burrito bowl. Add your favorite toppings like salsa, avocado, and extra cheese.
- Wrap and Store Well: If you’re planning to store them, wrap each Crunchwrap individually in foil or plastic wrap. Place them in an airtight container or resealable bag and refrigerate.
Homemade Crunchwrap Supremes for dinnerCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
Crunchwrap Supreme is a Tex-Mex dish with seasoned meat, cheese, tostada, sour cream, lettuce, and tomato in a folded tortilla, cooked until crispy. It’s a homemade version of a Taco Bell favorite.
– 1 lb ground meat
– 1 packet taco seasoning mix
– Water (as per package instructions)
– Nacho cheese sauce
– 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
– 6 tostada shells
– Sour cream
– Lettuce, shredded
– Tomato, diced
– Shredded Mexican cheese
- Cook and crumble 1 lb of ground meat in a skillet. Once cooked, drain excess grease.
- Add 1 packet of taco seasoning mix and water according to the package instructions. Stir well and let it simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Warm up nacho cheese sauce in a separate container and set it aside.
- Place 6 burrito-size flour tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm them up.
- Spread a layer of nacho cheese in the center of each tortilla.
- Add approximately ½ cup of the prepared taco meat on top of the cheese.
- Place a tostada shell on the meat and layer with sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and a generous sprinkle of shredded Mexican cheese.
- Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up to the center, then fold the sides around the fillings tightly.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook each crunchwrap supreme for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- 10. Serve immediately and enjoy your homemade Crunchwrap Supremes!
- Enjoy your delicious homemade Crunchwrap Supremes!