“Better Than Takeout Fried Rice” is a homemade version of restaurant-quality fried rice, aiming for even better flavor and quality. It’s made with simple ingredients like rice, vegetables, and seasonings, cooked together for a delicious and customizable dish.
1. HOW TO MAKE FRIED RICE
- Cooked rice
- Cooking oil
- Vegetables (like peas, carrots, bell peppers)
- Protein (like eggs, chicken, shrimp)
- Soy sauce
- Garlic and ginger (optional)
- Green onions (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add diced vegetables and protein. Cook until tender.
- Push ingredients to the side, add more oil, then scramble eggs.
- Add cooked rice, breaking up any clumps.
- Add soy sauce and any optional garlic or ginger.
- Mix everything together and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Use day-old rice for better texture.
- Precook protein and set aside before starting the rice.
- Ensure the pan or wok is hot before adding ingredients.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan to allow for proper frying.
- Use high heat for a smoky, authentic flavor.
FRIED RICE VARIATIONS
- Vegetarian: Skip the meat and use tofu or just load up on veggies.
- Pineapple Fried Rice: Include pineapple chunks for a sweet twist.
- Kimchi Fried Rice: Add kimchi for a spicy, tangy kick.
- Seafood Fried Rice: Incorporate shrimp, crab, or other seafood.
HOW TO REHEAT FRIED RICE?
- Use a hot skillet or wok with a touch of oil.
- Add a splash of water or soy sauce to prevent drying out.
- Stir-fry until heated through.
CAN YOU FREEZE FRIED RICE?
Yes, you can freeze fried rice for up to 1-2 months in an airtight container.
HOW TO FREEZE FRIED RICE?
- Allow the fried rice to cool completely.
- Place it in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Label with the date and contents.
- Press out excess air and seal tightly.
- Store in the freezer.
When reheating frozen fried rice, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before following the reheating instructions mentioned above.
Better Than Takeout Fried RiceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: American
“Better Than Takeout Fried Rice” is a homemade version of restaurant-quality fried rice, aiming for even better flavor and quality.
– 3 eggs
– 2 bags of instant rice
– 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots
– Green onions
– Soy sauce
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Cooking oil
- Crack and whisk the 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with oil over high heat until it’s sizzling.
- Add the whisked eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed. Toss in the instant rice and stir-fry for a few minutes until it’s heated through and slightly golden.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots, continue to stir-fry until they’re cooked and well-incorporated with the rice.
- Return the scrambled eggs to the pan and mix everything together until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the rice mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Finish off with a generous sprinkling of chopped green onions.
- 10. Serve hot and enjoy your mouthwatering homemade fried rice! 😋