If you’re on the hunt for a versatile and savory dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, look no further than the Three Cheese Quiche. This delightful recipe combines the richness of three distinct cheeses with the creamy goodness of eggs, all nestled in a flaky pie crust.
What is Three Cheese Quiche?
Three Cheese Quiche is a savory pie-like dish that originated in French cuisine. It’s a delightful medley of flavors, featuring the luxurious taste of three different cheeses combined with eggs, all enclosed in a golden-brown pie crust. This quiche is a culinary masterpiece that strikes the perfect balance between creamy and cheesy, making it a favorite among food enthusiasts.
How To Make Three Cheese Quiche
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to a toasty temperature, ensuring it’s ready to work its magic on your quiche.
- Prepare the Pie Crust: Take the prepared pie crust, allowing it to thaw to a perfect consistency. Place it on a baking sheet, ready to be transformed into a delectable quiche.
- Cheesy Foundation: Sprinkle a layer of cheese onto the bottom of the awaiting pie crust. This cheese layer will infuse every bite with savory goodness. Set aside your cheesy canvas.
- Whisk with Care: In a mixing bowl, whisk together a harmonious blend of eggs, half & half, and a touch of creamy sour cream. The result? A smooth and velvety base for your quiche.
- Enhance the Flavor: Incorporate additional ingredients into this egg mixture, elevating the quiche’s flavor profile. The combination of ingredients adds depth and character to your creation.
- Pour with Finesse: Pour this flavorful egg mixture over the awaiting cheese in the pie crust. It’s a symphony of ingredients coming together to create a masterpiece.
- Top it Off: Don’t forget to sprinkle a final layer of cheddar cheese on top of your quiche. This adds a golden crown that promises a satisfying crunch and irresistible cheesiness.
- Into the Oven: Place your quiche-to-be into the preheated oven, and let it bake. Watch as the top of the Quiché transforms into a glorious golden brown, and the center sets to perfection.
- Time to Shine: Once your Three Cheese Quiché has achieved its golden potential, remove it from the oven. It’s a moment of culinary triumph.
- Immediate Gratification: This quiche is best enjoyed immediately, served hot and fresh. Each slice promises a symphony of flavors and textures that will delight your taste buds.
Ingredients for Three Cheese Quiche:
The choice of ingredients for Three Cheese Quiche is essential to create a harmonious blend of flavors and textures in this delicious dish. Each ingredient serves a specific purpose in enhancing the overall taste and consistency of the quiche. Here’s a breakdown of the ingredients and why they are used:
- Pre-made Refrigerated Pie Crust: The pie crust serves as the base and vessel for the quiche. Using a pre-made refrigerated crust saves time and effort while providing a flaky and buttery foundation for the filling.
- Eggs: Eggs are the primary binding agent in quiche. They provide structure to the dish and create a creamy, custard-like texture when baked.
- Half-and-Half: Half-and-half is a combination of equal parts milk and cream. It adds richness and creaminess to the quiche, resulting in a smooth and velvety filling.
- Sea Salt: Sea salt enhances the overall flavor of the quiche by adding a balanced level of saltiness. It also helps to bring out the flavors of the cheeses and other ingredients.
- White Pepper: White pepper is used for its mild and delicate flavor. It complements the other ingredients without overpowering them, giving the quiche a subtle peppery kick.
- Gouda Cheese (Shredded): Gouda cheese contributes a creamy and slightly nutty flavor to the quiche. Its meltability and smooth texture make it an excellent choice for a cheesy quiche.
- Provolone Cheese (Shredded): Provolone cheese adds a mild and tangy flavor to the mix. It complements the other cheeses and enhances the overall cheesy profile of the quiche.
- Feta Cheese (Crumbled): Feta cheese brings a unique salty and tangy taste to the quiche. Its crumbled form adds texture and a delightful contrast to the creaminess of the other cheeses.
- Red Onion (Finely Chopped): Red onion provides a sweet and slightly spicy flavor to the quiche. Its addition adds a pleasant crunch and a hint of color to the filling.
- Fresh Chives (Chopped): Fresh chives offer a mild onion-like flavor with a subtle hint of garlic. They serve as a garnish, adding a burst of freshness and color to the finished quiche.
- Roasted Red Peppers (Diced): Roasted red peppers bring a smoky and slightly sweet taste to the quiche. They provide a burst of flavor and a visually appealing pop of red.
The combination of these carefully chosen ingredients creates a Three Cheese Quiche that is not only visually appealing but also bursting with a rich and creamy flavor. The cheeses, eggs, and seasonings work together to deliver a satisfying culinary experience, making this quiche a beloved choice for any meal of the day.
Tips for Making This Easy Quiche Recipe:
- Use quality cheeses for the best flavor. Experiment with different cheese varieties to suit your taste preferences.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like sautéed spinach, mushrooms, or bacon for extra layers of flavor.
- Blind bake the pie crust for a few minutes before adding the filling to prevent a soggy bottom crust.
Three Cheese Quiche For Breakfast, Brunch Or Dinner
The versatility of Three Cheese Quiche is truly remarkable. It can be enjoyed as a satisfying breakfast, the star of a brunch spread, or a delightful dinner option. Its creamy texture and cheesy goodness make it a crowd-pleaser for any meal of the day.
Can Quiche Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can prepare Three Cheese Quiche ahead of time. Simply bake it as instructed and allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate. To reheat, place it in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until warmed through.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat individual slices in the microwave for a quick and satisfying meal.
In conclusion, Three Cheese Quiche is a delectable dish that combines the richness of three cheeses with the creaminess of eggs, all encased in a flaky pie crust. Whether you’re serving it for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, this recipe is sure to please. So, gather your ingredients, follow the steps, and enjoy the cheesy goodness of homemade Three Cheese Quiche!
Three Cheese QuicheCourse: Breakfast
If you’re on the hunt for a versatile and savory dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, look no further than the Three Cheese Quiche.
1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust
¾ cup half-and-half
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ cup gouda cheese, shredded
½ cup provolone cheese, shredded
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator to let it warm up slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, sea salt, and white pepper.
- Gently fold in the gouda, provolone, and feta cheeses, along with the red onion and roasted red peppers.
- Unroll the pie crust and press it into a 9-inch pie dish. You can crimp the edges for a decorative touch.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the crust. Evenly distribute the mixture with a spatula.
- Place the quiche in the oven and bake for 38-40 minutes. The quiche is ready when the center is set and the top is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh chives before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy your unique and flavorful quiche!