Do you need a quick weeknight supper that your kids will enjoy? In our house, sloppy joes are usually a hit. Sloppy Joes on Texas Toast, on the other hand, are even better. A successful combo is garlic bread with hamburger meat and melted cheese. Serve it with a salad on the side for a delicious dinner.
Texas Toast Sloppy JoesCourse: RECIPES
A family favorite that’s quick and easy to make! Texas Toast Sloppy Joes are a no-fuss lunch that everyone will love,
1 pound ground beef that is extremely lean
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
ketchup, 1 cup
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon brown sugar, tightly packed
2 teaspoons WORCESTERSHIRE SEASONING
1 teaspoon mustard, yellow
1/2 teaspoon salt (garlic)
If desired, add hot sauce.
Texas toast bread, 6 slices
12 slices (3/4 oz.)
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and simmer for another 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and simmer for another 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Except for the bread and cheese, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place bread on oiled baking sheet and toast for 4-6 minutes, flipping once, at 4 to 6 inches from heat.
- slice of cheese on top of each; broil until melted.
- Add 1/2 cup beef mixture and 1 slice cheese to each; broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.