Strawberry crunch cake has two vanilla layers and two strawberry layers. Vanilla buttercream is put between the layers and on the outside. This delectable treat resembles the crunch ice cream bars you might have seen in the supermarket. When I’m craving a sweet strawberry treat, this is one of my favorite cakes.
Strawberry Crunch Cake Recipe
This Strawberry crunch recipe is delicious! This cake is the perfect blend of soft and crispy! Strawberry Crunchy Cake is not only tasty but also simple to prepare.
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Cake
Heat the oven. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add the eggs and oil according to the package guidelines. Bake the cake batter in round cake pans. Allow cooling before removing cakes from pans.
Strawberry Crunch CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Strawberry crunch cake has two vanilla layers and two strawberry layers. Vanilla buttercream is put between the layers and on the outside.
- For the Cake:
1 box strawberry cake mix Plus baking ingredients
1 box vanilla cake mix Plus baking ingredients
- For the Frosting:
6 cups powdered sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups softened butter
6 tablespoons heavy cream (divided)
- For the Strawberry Crunch:
1/2 box crumbled Nilla wafers
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup strawberries (frozen)
Garnish with fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉
- Spray 4 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Follow the package directions for making the vanilla and strawberry cake batters.
- Pour the mixes into the cake pans evenly to make two vanilla and two strawberry cakes.
- Bake the cakes as directed on the packaging.
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes in the pans before turning them out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare the icing while the cakes are cooling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat softened butter and 1/2 of the powdered sugar until smooth and lump-free in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the leftover powdered sugar, vanilla, and 4 tbsp heavy cream in a mixing bowl.
- Continue beating until the mixture is frothy and spreadable. If the frosting is too firm, add the remaining 2 tbsp of cream.
- Place dried strawberries and Nilla in a large Ziploc bag to make the strawberry crunch.
- Squeeze out any excess air before sealing. Using a rolling pin, crush the mixture. In the bag, add the melted butter and massage it to coat the crushed mixture.
- Assemble the layers once the cakes have cooled. Place a dollop of frosting in the center of a cake plate.
- Place the first layer of strawberries on the cake plate and cover it with icing.
- Evenly spread frosting on top of the cake.
- Place the first vanilla cake layer on top and frost it. Using the remaining strawberries and vanilla cakes, repeat the process. Frost the cake’s tops and sides.
- Sprinkle strawberry crunch over the entire cake. Serve with fresh strawberry slices on top.
- Allow chilling until ready to serve. Cut and enjoy!