Thinly sliced steak is stir-fried with colorful vegetables in a spicy sauce to make Hunan beef. A takeout favorite that’s really simple to prepare at home! one of the best Chinese beef stir fry recipes.
What is Hunan Beef?
Hunan beef recipe is produced in China’s Hunan province. That province is located in China’s southern central area. Spicy and sour sauces are popular in Hunan province. The vegetables and crops grown in this area are likewise well-known. This is ideal for days when you don’t want to prepare a large number of dishes.
Best Hunan Beef Recipe
Hunan Beef is a simple dish made with crispy lean beef and spicy Asian seasonings. It’s the ultimate Chinese dinner that tastes better than takeout and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare! This recipe is a delightful meal to share with friends or a quick and easy evening dinner. it’s one of my dishes that I’ve always enjoyed making for a special ‘relax at home’ evening.
oyster sauce, sugar, low-sodium soy sauce, Beef broth, and chili paste are used to make Hunan Sauce. You’ll also add some cornstarch to thicken it up.
How To Make Hunan Beef
Thinly sliced steak is stir-fried with colorful vegetables in a garlic and pepper sauce for this delicious and spicy Hunan-style beef. Because the Hunan region is recognized for having a broad selection of products, you can utilize a variety of your favorite vegetables!
More Great beef Recipes
- Taco Stuffed Avocado Boats
- Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
- Sloppy Joes on Texas Toast
- Easy Taco Braid
- Shepherd’s Pie recipe
Hunan beefCourse: MainCuisine: American, Chinese
Hunan Beef is a simple dish made with crispy lean beef and spicy Asian seasonings. It’s the ultimate Chinese dinner that tastes better than takeout and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
- For the Hunan Sauce:
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vinegar (rice wine)
2 tsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp sambal oelek (sambal oelek), or to taste
1 tsp DoubanJiang (optional) (spicy chili bean sauce)
1 tsp sugar or honey
- For the stir fry:
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. canola oil (divided)
3 cups florets broccoli
1 tbsp. minced ginger
15-ounce can of baby corn
1 red bell pepper, diced
- To make the Hunan sauce, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- In a skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp oil over high heat.
- Stir-fry until the steak is barely done on the inside and the outside has golden, crispy chunks.
- Take the beef from the pan and drizzle in the last 1 tablespoon of oil, followed by garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry for 10 seconds before adding the vegetables.
- Add the Hunan sauce when the vegetables are halfway tender crisp (approximately a minute for broccoli, baby corn, and red bell pepper).
- Within a minute or two, it should begin to bubble and thicken.
- Remove from the fire, add the beef, and serve.