This recipe for Easy Potato Pancakes is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Everyone in our family enjoys these mashed potato pancakes. These Potato Pancakes are made with simple ingredients and will become a new nightly favorite.
How to Make Potato Pancakes
You can make something fantastic out of leftover mashed potatoes. This simple potato pancake recipe uses leftover mashed potatoes for a flavorful result.
How to Store Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes
After you’ve finished making the potato cakes, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat potato cakes in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until they are well cooked.
Love potatoes? Try these easy potato recipes!
- loaded mashed potato cups recipe
- Easy Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon
- Easy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Layer Potatoes and Meatballs
- Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Recipe
Easy Potato Pancakes RecipeCourse: Side DishCuisine: American
Make these wonderful mashed potato pancakes using leftover mashed potatoes.
2 cups potatoes, mashed
a single egg
1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
¼ cup dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a mixing basin, combine the mashed potatoes, egg, and pepper.
- Fill a small bowl halfway with bread crumbs. With damp hands, form the potato mixture into 3-inch patties and coat equally with bread crumbs.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat and cook the potato cakes on both sides until cooked through and browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Depending on your preferences, you may also add herbs, garlic, or cayenne to the mashed potato mixture.