This famous New York cheesecake recipe provides a rich, creamy, and dense cake, and it’s also simple to make because it doesn’t require a water bath like other recipes. It’s one of the most delicious cheesecakes I’ve ever had!
This is the finest cheesecake recipe I’ve ever tried. Ingredients that are simple. There will be no bath. There will never be any cracking. It’s the only cheesecake recipe you’ll ever need for a classic.
Easy New York cheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Spend some time learning how to make the perfect New York cheesecake. If you’re entertaining, this creamy baked dessert is ideal to prepare ahead of time.
1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3 (8-ounce) packets room temperature cream cheese
4 room temperature eggs
1 tbsp extract vanille
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon tartar sauce
1 pint sour cream
1 teaspoon extract vanille
1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing dish, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until well mixed.
- In a 9-inch springform pan, press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth in a large mixing basin. Combine the eggs, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven until the middle is firm. Allow 5 minutes for cooling on the counter.
- In a mixing basin, whisk together the sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth; carefully pour over the cheesecake, starting at the outside and working your way to the middle.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes more. Allow to cool to room temperature in the pan. Before serving, chill for at least 6 hours.