The thick and creamy broth of this Baked Potato Soup is packed with bacon and chives, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and silky potatoes. It’s the ultimate comfort food, yet it’s so simple to prepare!
On a cold winter evening, serve this easy, creamy, cheesy Potato Soup Recipe to the entire family. It will rapidly become the family’s favorite comfort food due to its richness and heartiness.
Easy Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon
The perfect winter soup is this creamy potato soup with bacon. This soup is the epitome of comfort food, thanks to its simple components.
6 thick-cut bacon pieces, chopped
1 small chopped yellow onion
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 peeled and sliced carrots
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup flour (all-purpose)
2 cups stock (chicken)
2 pounds peeled and diced russet potatoes
2 cups of whole milk
season with salt and pepper to taste
topping of shredded cheddar cheese
scallions, diced for garnish
Topping: bacon slices
- Cook the bacon in a big heavy-bottomed stock pot until it is just crispy.
- Place the celery, onion, garlic, and carrots
- Cook the vegetables until they are tender. Approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix the flour into the vegetable mixture.
- Then carefully pour in the chicken stock.
- It’s better to add a few teaspoons at a time, stirring in between each addition.
- This should take no more than two minutes.
- Bring to a boil, then add the potatoes.
- Reduce the heat to a low level and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork soft.
- Approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure the heat is turned down to a minimum. When it’s too high, a lot of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the milk and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it has thickened. Cheddar cheese, bacon, and sliced scallions go on top. Enjoy!