Recipe for moist carrot cake with coconut and pecans. With creamy icing and a great blend of spices and contrasting textures! With only 15 minutes of preparation time, you can have this cake baked in no time.
This is the recipe to use if you’re looking for the best carrot cake recipe. This legendary scratch carrot cake is without a doubt my all-time favorite dessert, and it’s the only carrot cake recipe you’ll ever need.
EASY CARROT CAKE RECIPECourse: DessertCuisine: American
This simple carrot cake recipe yields a sweet, delectable, and moist dessert with a tangy smooth cream cheese frosting that everyone will love.
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup sugar (granulated)
a 1/2 cup of brown sugar
3 room temperature eggs
vanilla extract (two teaspoons)
2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups flour (all-purpose)
2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
a 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
2 tsp cinnamon powder
a 1⁄4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon clove powder
1 cup buttermilk
RECIPE FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- flour and grease 3 cake pans (round) Set aside.
- Cream together the oil, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing basin.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
- Carrots should be folded in last. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove in a medium mixing basin.
- Gradually combine the dry and wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans in an equal layer.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Don’t overcook. As the cake cools, it will continue to cook.
- Once the cake has cooled, cover it with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle pecans on top (if desired)