When you need a quick but tasty supper idea, try this Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe for Mexican Monday. This simple dish will give you all the taste of enchiladas in minutes.
Homemade beef enchiladas are easy to make ahead of time and maybe tailored to your preferences. For a complete meal, prepare this Mexican dish for family dinners and serve with a large salad.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE BEEF ENCHILADAS
These Homemade Easy Beef Enchiladas are authentic Mexican comfort food. These are made even better with homemade enchilada sauce!
A simple homemade enchilada sauce is used to make these easy ground beef enchiladas. Ground beef, bell peppers, cheese, and onions are stuffed into flour tortillas and topped with homemade red sauce.
Easy Beef Enchiladas RecipeCourse: DinnerCuisine: Mexican
This recipe for quick beef enchiladas is a classic, substantial, and soothing family dinner that everyone will love.
1 pound ground beef, lean
1 sliced small onion
1 packet dry enchilada sauce mix (1.5 oz.)
10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can sliced black olives (2.25 ounces), drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ (175 degrees C).
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is evenly browned and the onion is soft.
- Follow the package directions for making the enchilada sauce.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of the sauce.
- Place an equal portion of the ground beef mixture and about 1 ounce of Cheddar cheese on each flour tortilla, reserving at least 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place an equal amount of ground beef and roughly 1 ounce of Cheddar cheese on each flour tortilla, keeping at least 1/2 cup of cheese.
- The tortillas should then be tightly rolled and placed seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and olives on top of the enchiladas and pour the remaining sauce over them.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is completely melted in a preheated oven.
- When using the magazine version of this recipe, keep in mind the differences in serving size and baking time.