The finest meatloaf recipe you’ll make all year is my delicious and comforting Cracker Barrel meatloaf! The meatloaf is precisely seasoned, very soft thanks to the inclusion of shredded cheese, and covered with a mouthwatering glaze.
- 1 Ground chuck, 1/2 pound
- two eggs
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, coarsely diced
- Tomatoes, diced (14.1 oz.) 1 drained can
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- brown sugar (2 teaspoons)
- 1 tsp 1/2 cup tsp mustard, yellow
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
If preferred, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil to make cleanup easier.
Toss the eggs with the cracker crumbs, onion, green pepper, milk, salt, drained diced tomatoes, and pepper in a large mixing dish. Mix thoroughly.
Mix in the ground beef thoroughly. Place the meatloaf ingredients in the prepared pan and form into a loaf.
After 30 minutes in the oven, top the meatloaf with the topping. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until the center temperature reaches 160°F.
Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.