Rice Krispie Balls with Peanut Butter — To make these no-bake chocolate wrapped PB treats, a rich chocolate shell wraps crispy Rice Krispies blended with creamy peanut butter, butter, and powder sugar.
Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies are a delectable treat that you can easily make at home. A sweet chocolate-peanut butter delicacy that’s excellent for the holidays, an after-school snack, a party, or any time you need a sweet chocolate-peanut butter treat.
Chocolate Rice Krispie BallsCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Rice Krispies provide texture and crunch to classic chocolate peanut butter balls. This is a simple candy recipe.
1 cup sugar (powdered)
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup peanut butter, creamy
1⁄2 cup crisped rice cereal, crushed ( measure out then crush)
½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing dish, combine peanut butter and melted butter.
- Mix in the rice crispies and powdered sugar.
- Mix until everything is well blended. Make one-inch balls out of the dough.
- Place the formed balls on a cookie pan coated with wax paper and refrigerate until firm.
- Before applying the chocolate coating, let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through.
- Repeat until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Place a toothpick in each peanut butter ball and dip it into the chocolate, rolling it around until it is well covered.
- Place the chocolate-coated ball on a separate wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Each peanut butter ball should have toothpicks removed.
- Return the balls to the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden. It should take about an hour or two to complete.
- It’s also a good idea to keep these in the freezer. These will turn slightly soft if kept in the refrigerator.